James Sweet

"Sam Goldwasser" wrote in message
"Michelle" writes:

Hi...

I have a new GE microwave (built-in)that was damaged by a sawzall. The

saw
went through the back of the microwave, leaving a gash about 2 inches

long
and a couple of centimeters wide. This goes through to the inside of

the
oven (I can see daylight through the hole).

Is this dangerous to use as is?

Yes! There can be significant microwave leakage through a 5x2 cm hole
assuming you mean inside the over cavity. There may also be arcing at
the sharp edges of the hole.

How could someone not notice they were sawing through metal?

Whoops, I missed the part about it going into the cavity! Disregard my last
post, if the internal cavity has a hole in it, take the oven to a recycling
place and buy a new one.