max

WE had a similar problem with our Omnijig cutting box joints. Some would fit
and others wouldn't. The guide bushing was not concentric with the bit and
when we used the exact same approach it would work, when we rotated the
router it wouldn't. I use a dial indicator on the base or the router to
check it.
max

"Faustino Dina" wrote in message
In addition to the other advice, some collet nuts will be loose but still
not open enough to accept a bit. This is true on a lot of self
extracting
collets. Try loosening the collet 2 or 3 more turns. You may find that

the
nut gets tighter to turn "again" while loosening and then start turning
freely again.

I opened the collet full to the end. Inside is a ring, conic shaped on the
external surface, cilindric on the internal, with a longitudinal cut to
allow the bit get pressed by the collet. I hope not to damage anything...

Do not rule out a bad collet either. My new Bosch 6 years ago would not let
go of the bit. The collet was in my hand with the bit and it was not
letting go. The dealer exchanged the collet nut and all was well.