NWM

Turtle et al.:

Second service call was much better. He actually took apart
everything, scrubbed and vacuumed everything and only had to replace
one part, the copper wire to the pilot light. Took only an Hour. The
bill was 186 bucks:78 for the service call which included 1/2 hour and
70 bucks for for 1/2 hour of additional labor and 25 for one part.He
wasn't a crook like the other guy who told me it would take 4-5 hours
to take everything apart, and perhaps cost me 1000. I doubted your
claims turtle but you were right on the money

The second guy quoted 3000 for a new 80 percent furnace. He never even
pushed it. He only told me after I asked. I asked him whether he
detected any holes rusted through, and he said no, not that he could
see with the naked eye, but he would have to turn it on and see what
the flames did. He said everything was fine, just old. He even gave me
turorial on how the limit timer worked , and explained the reason it
didn't work before was the burner was all clogged up and wasn't
producing enough heat. Nithing corroded in the lmit timer. All I need
now was a 16x25 filter.

Well what a relief. Found an honest service tech. I will actually
think about him during Thanksgiving.

Happy Holidays