Ken

Default Toshiba Projection TV Convergence Problem

TV BRAND: TOSHIBA
TV MODEL: 43H71
TV TYPE: 43'' REAR VIEW PROJECTION

The problem occurred after I wiped the tv screen with a 3M
micro-fiber electronics cleaning cloth with a screen cleaning solution
(not water) after I turned off the dvd player (attached to the
components input of TV). After I turned the TV back on, the screen
started to show the reds off focus and skewed on top and bottom of
screen, and especially on the corners. I tried using the digital auto
focus button and it showed the 'auto focus error' message. I also
tried the manual 9 convergence feature, but I couldn't move the red
cross-hair downward on the corners (1,3,7,9) to converge with the blue
and green. I can only move it horizontally. When I called Toshiba,
they told me to try unplugging the TV from the outlet for 30 minutes
to reset the controls, which I tried and it didn't work. The problem
seemed to affect only the red and not the blue and green. I also tried
the convergence adjustment in the service mode, but some of the red
lines on top and bottom are skewed and cannot be moved or re-aligned.
Does this sounds like a convergence problem or parts problem? I had
this TV only 2 years but the warranty already expired. If I were to
have this service by an in-home service tech, how much would this type
of repair costs. Any help on his matter would be appreciated.