Asimov

"Sam Goldwasser" bravely wrote to "All" (11 Nov 04 21:03:28)
--- on the heady topic of " AIWA NSX SZ-20 CD PLAYER problem"

SG From: Sam Goldwasser

SG (Ken G.) writes:

I have never understood this alcohol thing .. there are many things that
work far better . When i used to work on alot of tape decks i tried the
alcohal and it did nothing to remove any dirt from anything just like
using water .

SG It's not that alcohol is the best. But it is adeqaute for many
SG things. More importantly, it is relatively harmless to your liver and
SG kidneys, to the environment, to plastics, and most electronic
SG components.

Alcohol can mar the rare plastic finishes or overcoatings. I noticed
this in a Korg boombox with a black case. It left a white-ish
discolouration where I had spilled a little near the cassette heads.
It buffed away with some effort but not completely.

A*s*i*m*o*v

.... [] - Please write your complaint legibly in that box.