Bill Renfro

The outputs are 250-3. The NTE equivlent is NTE171.
What is the problem with the set. Voltages on the outputs are about
100volts at the collector, 4.0volts on the base, and 3.5volts on the
emitter. Check the dc voltages first then you can scope the base to see if
the correct video waveform is present. If you are missing a color, check
the outputs from the color decoder ic (ic50). Be sure to check the CRT for
shorts as well. Also check for bad solder joints.
Good luck,
Bill
Christian Technology

"E P" wrote in message
om...
Hello all,

I've got this 20 year old Sylvania Superset TV (model # RNE980) and
I'm trying to track down some replacement video output transistors for
it.

They are in a TO-202 package, made by Motorola, and have the following
markings:

513
250-3

Anybody know anything about these? Barring any suggestions, I'm
probably going to try either NTE228A or NTE171, since they're the only
video output transistors with the same pin configuration that I've
found. But I hate to stick random parts in to the TV.

Thanks
--
Elliott