Mark D. Zacharias

"SwankyGirl" wrote in message
om...
Thank you again Mark.

Presently my system doesnt have severe problems though I never cleaned
any inside part of it in the past three years.

It has this occassional difficulty (since the past few days)in reading
the track info from my Imation CDR s.When it does read
occassionally,some type of "scratching sound" comes initially while
reading the track info.Then ofcorse,it plays very well.This has been
happening for the past 3/4 days.It has no problem reading audio cds
from audio companies.

The cd assembly in my unit is on the top only.Will try to clean it up.
Just afraid that I might cause more damage and render it completely
useles.

Here I found people suggesting "WINDEX" ,window cleaner (what is this
anyway?)
isopryl alchol or Evercleargrade alcohol.I really dont have any idea
as to which one to choose.Ultimately it depends on which one is
available in my locality.

I think I'd just stick with any "blue" window cleaner. High-grade alcohol is
often used by engineers on expensive equipment, but if there's any chance of
clouding or fogging the plastic lens, why take that chance?

Mark Z.