Ger

"Andy Cuffe" wrote in message
On Mon, 8 Nov 2004 21:01:40 -0000, "Ger"
wrote:

Hi Group,
My PC Monitor is a DELL Multiscan P991. About 2/3 years old. Just about
useable in its present condition.
It suffers from the following symptoms:

1. Screen is overly bright even after using brightness controls. Contrast
is
poor.
2. Icons are just a bit fuzzy
3. The 'flyback' lines are visible always

I have some electronics experience so taking the back off the monitor is
no
big problem. I know about the hi voltages etc etc.
I am hoping that the above symptoms will be instantly recognisable by an
expert as either some internal adjustment I can make or some component
starting to fail and needing replacement.
Any comments or advice would be very welcome please.

Ger

Did you run the "color restore" function in the menu? It usually
fixes this problem.
Andy Cuffe

Andy Cuffe wins the biscuit - COLOUR RESTORE fixed the problem (after a
WARM UP of about 35 minutes).
But well worth the wait :-)))

Thanks again to everyone

Ger