Ger

Default Dell P991 Monitor Problem - seeking help

Hi Group,
My PC Monitor is a DELL Multiscan P991. About 2/3 years old. Just about
useable in its present condition.
It suffers from the following symptoms:

1. Screen is overly bright even after using brightness controls. Contrast is
poor.
2. Icons are just a bit fuzzy
3. The 'flyback' lines are visible always

I have some electronics experience so taking the back off the monitor is no
big problem. I know about the hi voltages etc etc.
I am hoping that the above symptoms will be instantly recognisable by an
expert as either some internal adjustment I can make or some component
starting to fail and needing replacement.
Any comments or advice would be very welcome please.

Ger