Joe Gorman

Maxprop wrote:
"Joe Gorman" wrote in message

Well, it was a few years ago so the lawyer is out. I had been
clearing the chunks at the beginning. I was trimming a bunch of
poplar 2x2's and got tired of moving the scraps off the table.
After all they were just sitting there. Then one jiggled just far
enough for the rear tooth of the blade to toss it at me. I tend
to have a little retroactive amnesia whenever something like this
happens so the next thing I remember was holding one hand over the
damaged eye and looking for the glasses with the other eye. Found
the glasses, picked up the lens pieces and went for a ride.

What material were the lenses, Joe?

As I mentioned earlier, polycarbonate is the only true safety lens. For
future reference, insist on polycarb for any pair of glasses you wish to use
with activities that have the potential for flying objects. And no rimless
or semi-rimless frames, either. A good, solid plastic or metal eyewire
surrounding the lens is an absolute necessity for holding the lens in place.

Max

No idea. I think I've got the pieces somewhere, anyway to tell by
filing scraping or burning?
Joe