Lem Bledsoe

I also own a Jet 1442 lathe and agree that it is a very good lathe and has
done everything I have asked of it. I agree that the slow speed could be a
little slower and the speed control gets in the way on some cuts, but
overall I am very well pleased. I use it every day and the quality of my
work improves weekly. IMHO

My first lathe was a $129 Harbor Freight which I bought just to see if I had
any ability for woodturning. As it turned out the HF was a good buy for the
purpose I had intended. Sold it to another beginner for $75.

My second lathe was a Delta 1440, not such a good buy.

In my opinion the Jet 1442 is the best buy in it's price range and am
looking forward to many years of enjoyable turning.

Lem Bledsoe