Ralph

I bet The dentist would love it.

Doug Miller wrote:
In article , Joe Gorman wrote:

Doug Miller wrote:

In article , Joe Gorman

wrote:

Be glad it went by your head. the little cutoff I didn't move hit
my right lens. I'm assuming this as I don't recall the impact but
that's the one that was broken. Quick trip to a nearby eye doctor
got all but the glass/plastic dust out.

Was that the lens of your safety glasses, or the lens of your prescription
eyeglasses?

Prescription. They were supposed to be safety lenses, according
to the optometrist who sold them. I don't go there anymore.

Sounds like you might want to talk to a lawyer. At the minimum, if I were in
your shoes, I'd be looking for the optometrist to pay for the medical
treatment and a replacement pair of glasses.

Keep in mind, also, that even safety prescription glasses don't afford as much
protection as safety goggles do, because the lenses are smaller. Like you, I
also wear prescription eyeglasses, and goggles are often a PITA (for those
who don't wear eyeglasses, if you do, goggles often make your glasses fog up,
and it's easy to knock your eyeglasses askew when taking the goggles on and
off).

About five years ago, I switched to using a face shield, and I'll never go
back to goggles. The face shield never fogs up, and I've never bumped my
eyeglasses with it, even once. It's so easy, and so quick, to put on, that I
use it *far* more than I ever used goggles, which increases the safety factor
that much more. Another bonus: there are other things on your face, besides
your eyes, that deserve protection: how'd you like to have a table saw or a
lathe throw a chunk of wood into your teeth?

The only disadvantage I've seen to the face shield so far is that you have to
remember to flip it up when you feel a sneeze coming on....

--
Regards,