Janet Tweedy

Default tumble dryer which?

In article , Christian
McArdle writes

Personally, I prefer condensing types.

I have a Bosch integrated condensing model. My mother has a free standing
Miele vented. Both have reliable sensor mechanisms.

The vented is a pain quite apart from the need for an ugly hole in the wall
that prevents the machine being relocated. The hose is always getting
snagged and the "Clear airways" light comes on. It is very hard to position
the machine back in its hole, as the hose gets crumpled and the extra space
required for it behind means the machine sticks out 10cm from the worktop.
The condensing Bosch doesn't have this problem and can be plumbed into a
drain, so there is no need to empty the tray every time. The Bosch is more
energy efficient, especially during the winter where the extra heat is
useful.

Condensing types are not all the same. The Bosch produces about four times
(literally!) the water of my old Hoover condensor. That is despite moving
from a 1200 spin to 1600 spin washing machine at the same time. The clothes
go in practically dry and end up almost filling the huge tray (I haven't got
round to plugging the drain in yet). There is no steam or dampness in the
room.

Christian.

P.S. Bosch and Miele are both excellent makes. When comparing the two, I'm
really comparing condensing and non-condensing models, not the brands.

That's very useful Christian, I never thought about the room at the back
for the hose, of course that'll be another reason why I ought to get a
condenser!
Best bit of advice for ages, thank you

Janet
--