DIYGUY

"Lee Gordon" wrote in message ...
Charlie ...

Supposed to come in as #3 behind Walmart and Target.

This will make them bigger than Target. The number 2 retailer is Home
Depot.

Lee

How come nobody is wondering how soon the layoffs will hit and how
many will be axed? Every time a bank pulls off one of these deals
they always announce the
expected "efficiency" savings by reductions in force. I suppose the
efficiencies will come when they close one store or the other when
both are within 10 miles of each other. That should give them great
coverage compared to the competition ;-}

We have a KMart within three miles and a Sears equally close. Both
stores are truly well run, with high traffic and generally good
quality merchandise. Should be interesting to watch the drama unfold,
although I would hate to be a career employee watching from either
camp ...