Larry Jaques

On Wed, 17 Nov 2004 02:05:24 GMT, "Mark Jerde"
calmly ranted:

Larry Jaques wrote:

* OPERA: A Latin word
* meaning
* "death by music"

Sorry if this has been asked before. Where do you come up with these? They
nearly always make me chuckle.

I come up with a few of my own, but most are gleaned from my earlier
visits on BBSes, reading other newsgroups, email sigs, etc.

Speaking of BBSes, does anyone have one of the original texts of
the trials and tribulations of "Murray".

Here's one from 1998:
--snip--

A Captain's Tale

Long ago lived a seaman named Captain Bravo. He was a
manly-man who showed no fear in facing his enemies.

One day, while sailing the seven seas, a look-out spotted a
pirate ship and the crew became frantic. Captain Bravo bellowed
"Bring me my Red Shirt." The First Mate quickly retrieved the
captain's red shirt and whilst wearing the bright frock the
captain led his mates into battle and defeated the pirates.

Later on, the look-out again spotted not one, but two pirate
ships. The captain again howled for his red shirt and once
again vanquished the pirates.

That evening, all the men sat around on the deck recounting
the day's triumphs and one of the them asked the captain: "Sir,
why did you call for your red shirt before battle?" The captain
replied "If I am wounded in the attack, the shirt will not show
the wound and thus, you men will continue to resist, unafraid."

All of the men sat in silence and marveled at the courage of
such a manly man.

As dawn came the next morning, the look-out once again spotted
not one, not two, but TEN pirates ships approaching. The rank
and file all stared at the captain and waited for his
usual reply.

Captain Bravo calmly shouted: "Get me my brown pants."
--snip--

* OPERA: A Latin word * Wondrous Website Design
* meaning * Save your Heirloom Photos
* "death by music" * http://www.diversify.com