Lurch

Default consumer unit location

On Mon, 16 Feb 2004 22:02:00 -0000, "Mark"
wrote:

Hi,

Done some searching on this newsgroup but was unable to find what
I was looking for, didn't want to ask a question that has been asked
before!

I need to move our CU to a new location in the kitchen as I'm putting
in a new kitchen. At the moment it's in an upper cupboard, it can't
stay there as there'll be a cooker hood there soon. Is there any rule
about where it can be in the kitchen?

I'd like to put in a corner unit under the worktop - are there any problems
with this that anyone can think of from a saftey point of view, mainly
thinking
about water.

As long as it's not in water or next to the sink it can go pretty much
anywhere. Just make sure you have sufficient access to it for those
emergency requirements!
An emergency light is always a good idea when fitting a CU in a
cupboard.

SJW
A.C.S. Ltd.