Frank Ketchum

"Charlie Self" wrote in message
Sufferin' succotash. Just read that Sears and Kmart will merge, an 11
billion
buck deal, with the Kmart head leading the Sears Holding Co. that will
emerge,
and the Sears CEO being CEO of the group.

I can see the benefit to Kmart. I cannot see the benefit to Sears.

I don't follow it either. Kmart just underwent a major restructuring last
year (or so). I think they declared bankruptcy and issued new stock. In
the meantime, they have been struggling with cash flow and have been selling
off a lot of their buildings and properties to keep the company afloat. I
don't see why Sears would want to hitch it's wagon to Kmart.

Frank