Dave in Fairfax

Kathy wrote:
I do have a drill and a jigsaw. I don't like the jigsaw, probably too
cheap. Love my drill. I can borrow a circular saw from my bil, & can
even get him to make cuts for me in exchange for dinner. I can borrow
a router from a friend at work, I bought a bit for it, so I get
borrowing rights

I will use the last piece of plywood for a modesty panel to stabilize
it, and add 2x4's too. I'll use screws & glue where I fasten the
plywood to the 2x4's. I'll probably get birch plywood, but ask them to
show me what else is available before I decide. I'm hoping that my
independent lumber yard will cut it for me, they have always done a
nice job on my other lumber projects, and they have a couple of well
set up cutting tables.

It sounds like you've got the bases covered. If you need to cut
the plywood yourself, draw your lines and clamp a 2X4 on top of
the ply for the circular saw to run alongside of, so the cut stays
on the line. The design may not be the fanciest, but for fast and
first time, it'll give you a chance to see how things go together
and it's closer to mistake proof. Go for fancy next time.
Good luck,
Dave in Fairfax
--
Dave Leader