George

Brake's the same place, though I also wonder what that extra red toggle up
forward might be. Since the chain brake is designed to bring the chain to a
halt in the event of a kickback, it's located perpendicular to the kickback
vector and in front of the leading part of the operator.

The thing's a close-quarter saw, not a one-hand saw. Imagine the attorney
fees if they were to call it such?

"Andy Dingley" wrote in message
On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 23:17:26 GMT, "Mike Marlow"
wrote:

Top handle saws move the rear mounted right hand position up to the top
center of the saw - BUT, the left hand remains as in the case of the
conventional design. No chainsaw is designed to be used one handed.

http://www.stihl.co.uk/html/default_...tegory=product

Here's the type of saw I'm talking about. Ask Stihl where the brake
controls are. You can work out the rest of the terminology yourself.