Kathy

Thank you for all your responses.

Yes, it's a boring design, but I want something simple. The older I
get, the more I like simple. The monitor shelf can store CD's & paper
& such as well as raising the monitor. I'm interested in saving money,
to a certian extent, but that's not my main motivation, I want
something better than the particle board crap they are selling, &
don't care to spend as much for a desk as I did on my PC.

I do have a drill and a jigsaw. I don't like the jigsaw, probably too
cheap. Love my drill. I can borrow a circular saw from my bil, & can
even get him to make cuts for me in exchange for dinner. I can borrow
a router from a friend at work, I bought a bit for it, so I get
borrowing rights

I will use the last piece of plywood for a modesty panel to stabilize
it, and add 2x4's too. I'll use screws & glue where I fasten the
plywood to the 2x4's. I'll probably get birch plywood, but ask them to
show me what else is available before I decide. I'm hoping that my
independent lumber yard will cut it for me, they have always done a
nice job on my other lumber projects, and they have a couple of well
set up cutting tables.

I would like to take my time, but since I have to clear out the dining
room to make it, I'll pick a day, start at 9:00a.m. & work pretty much
straight thru. That's how I made my picnic table, started early
Saturday, finished Sunday afternoon. But that design was more
complicated, if the plywood is all cut foer me, and I have everything
laid out the night before, I might be able finish this desk in one
day.