stuart noble

Default I LOVE Speedfit!

Dave Plowman wrote in message ...
I prefer the pre-soldered elbows though.

I don't think they're worth the considerable additional cost. Moreover,
with separate solder you're in no doubt when it melts, especially when say
you can't see the back of the fitting. Oh, and end feed are neater looking.

But what do you do if a soldered joint does leak? How do you dry it out etc?
Can you unsolder a joint by re-heating it?
My pessimism in regard to my own joints is such that I just assume I'll have
to re-do all of them at least twice, which is why I'm more comfortable with
compression fittings. Actually, most of them are spot on first time but
anxiety's a funny thing.