loutent

They may be doing right by their employees but their customer service sucks
big time.

I have to disagree. We have been shopping Sears for 40+ years, not so
much for power tools as for appliances, lawn equipment, etc.

Whenever I have had a problem, they are willing to go to the "nth"
degree to please. There have been a few times when I was really PO'd
about delivery dates, scratches, installation etc. Whatever the case
was, they have always made good - no questions asked.

As an example, a few years ago I purchased a refrigerator for my
mothers place (she is in her 80's). It was promised for delivery on a
certain date and they called the day before to tell us that they had a
2 day delay. I e-mailed their CS dept and they apologized for the
inconvenience and rebated $150 for the trouble.

This alone tells me that they have their heads screwed on right. Any
big company will have problems - it's what they do to make it right
that counts.

Hearing the OP's story simply reinforces my feelings.

Will I buy everything from Sears? Of course not.

But next time I need some stain/paint, hardware and have to decide
whether to make a right turn the BORG or left to Sears, I will
certainly consider this. (no political stuff intended!)

As far as I know, the BORG's are equally patriotic.

Makes me feel like I'm getting more for my $ than the merchandise.

This is a great country.

Lou