Mike Marlow

"Andy Dingley" wrote in message
On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 03:16:58 GMT, "Mike Marlow"
wrote:

Are you quite sure about that Andy?

No, because there will always be some other design out there that I've
not seen. If there's room on the top of the case, then there could
well be space for another handle, or just more handroom in a longer
handle.

That would probably be even less safe - it encourages you to use it as
a two-handled saw, but really you're still only getting a single grip
on it. It's not the number of hands you're using, it's the distance
you can get between them.

--
Smert' spamionam

I looked at the other links that folks posted today and all of the saws I
saw (see saw....) were two handed models. I think you've mistaken the
design. The difference is that some have the handle for the right hand on
top instead of behind the saw. I can see the advantage of this design for
certain applications. For example, bucking up logs at waist height would be
easier with a top handle design than with a rear handle design. Both though
are two handed saws. Both will give plenty of stability and control. Seems
this one handed notion was founded on some mis-information.
--

-Mike-