TURTLE

"michael huffaker" wrote in message
news:NR5nd.103512$kz3.61661@fed1read02...
I bought the 16" score type cutter that had all the attachments for cutting
straight and circular holes in tile up to 5/8" thick. I bought it about a year
ago knowing that I had some tile projects coming up in the future. The price
was $21.95 (regular price is $27.95).

I just got it out and with minor assembly was ready to test cut a piece of
3/8" tile. I scored it and then tried to break it as defined in the
'manual'.The cast aluminum(?) handle socket(fulcrum?) snapped in half on the
first try. Other than the score the tile looked untouched. I guess the
lesson learned is that you get what you pay for.
Being more than a year ago I do not have the receipt(or cant find it) so I
guess it is a good lesson that I will remember.

--
Michael Huffaker

This is Turtle.

If your going to deal with Harbor Freight you better know the brand and item
your buying and not take MAY WORK BRAND. They have some good stuff buy , but you
better know the brand before ordering. I like the Milwalkee Electric Drill type
Sheetmetal Shears at $154.00 and at the my wholesale warehouse they run over
$200.00. The 25 foot trouble shooting lite at $7.99 and at walmarts they are
about $12.99. Also some of the Milwalkee & Dewalt electric drills too.

Quality is not in their stuff at all and you have to be the judge of brand they
sell as to the quality they have on their stuff. If you don't know the brands
they sell and their quality of the brand. Stay away from them.

TURTLE