Mortimer Schnerd, RN

Gary R. Lloyd wrote:

Setting aside the fact that I have my own health insurance, health
care costs are in fact lower for smokers because they die sooner, thus
avoiding very expensive ongoing old age health care costs. According
to a dutch study, health care costs are 5% lower for smokers. And that
doesn't even take into account the savings in social security
benefits. The government should be paying me to smoke.

I'm all for you smoking several cartons of cigarettes a day. All I ask is that
when you have difficulty breathing, you won't come to the hospital to complain
about how you can't breathe. I can't fix it, and I don't enjoy listening to the
COPDers whining about shortness of breath.

Go smoke another cigarette.

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN