Jeff Wisnia

Martik wrote:

If you touch the metal part of some toasters and the sink faucet at the same
time with the polarized plug in backwards you will get full current thru
your body. Don't try it!

"MilkyWhy" wrote in message

It always annoyed me to get an appliance with that idiotic "fat plug" that
kept
getting in your way. Every time I see one, I grind it down to normal size,
so
that I can plug any item in, anywhere.

But, notice. If that idiot **** "polarized plug" ever meant a thing, then
why
are current appliances NO LONGER equipped with that stupid **** plug?
Nothing
you buy today even has that extra-thick plug end on it.

If you really meant to say that about a non-broken toaster, then I have
a feeling that your entire alimentary tract has somehow become reversed,
Martik.

What you say happen only if the toaster develops an internal electrical
defect or perhaps if the "metal part" you refer to was an exposed
heating element and soimeone was stupid enough to stick their finger
into the toaster and touch it. And, depending on the nature of an
internal defect, the metal housing of a toaster could be electrically
live even with the plug inserted correctly.

Jeff

--

(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

schools"