TURTLE

"NWM" wrote in message

First : You need a service man that will clean all that rust out of there and
see how it burns afterwards. I can clean one in about 45 minutes and put it
back
together and this is not a major job. I think the service man wanted to sell a
new furnace and too lazy to clean it. I would call another service compant and
tell them to give it a good cleaning and you might be surprised to see what
happens. Rusted up burners is a common problem and i see them rusted up all
the
time. I clean them out and they run fine. The only reason I may say change the
burners or a new furnace would be the burners have big holes rusted through
them
and letting the gas not come out of the louvers of the burners. If they are
not
rusted through. Clean them out and be happy.

The service order invoice says the following

"Reported to job site. Found furnace to be very rusted out. Also found
burners to be rotted. Burners will not fire(well this is completely
inaccurate because they did fire). Gas is building in heat exchangers.
I shut off gas to unit and informed customer not to run unit."

So can you or any tech tell if the burners are rotted or have holes in
them without cleaning them first? Are small holes ok, or just the big
holes the problem?

Thnks

This is Turtle.

If there was holes big enough to not be able to clean. The flames would be
coming back out the opening of the burners and burning up the wires outside
where the air intake is.

Also if you have a gas build up , you have stopped up burners and not holes in
the burners.

Fine you a service company that will come and service the burners AND PULL THE
BURNERS OUT WHERE YOU CAN INSPECT THEM YOURSELF. If he don't have 10 minutes to
pull them out for you to inspect them. RUN HIS ASS OFF. You can also tell him
that if you don't get to see the burners yourself, he is not getting paid for
the service call.

Now when you call the service company out there. Tell them before they come out
you want the burners pulled out and you want to inspect them yourself and you
want them cleaned and replaced back in the furnace. Also don't accept any ideal
of a new one and you can tell them so.

If the tech has not got 10 minutes to pull the burners out for you to see them.
RUN HIS ASS OFF. Then Call me and I will come over and KICK HIS ASS. Some how we
have lost the respect there use to be in this business.

Your being scammed here. You got a Furnace salesman out and not a repair person.

TURTLE