EL

That "stupit **** plug" is used to assist in preventing you from getting electrocuted, when it's feasible and useful to do
so. For example, on a table lamp, the "shell" part of the socket will be connected to the neutral wire (larger prong of the
plug), so as you unscrew the light bulb and the threads become exposed, you can't get a shock off them. On an appliance with
no exposed or potentially-exposed electrical connections, it's not so useful.

Eric Law

"MilkyWhy" wrote in message ...
It always annoyed me to get an appliance with that idiotic "fat plug" that kept
getting in your way. Every time I see one, I grind it down to normal size, so
that I can plug any item in, anywhere.

But, notice. If that idiot **** "polarized plug" ever meant a thing, then why
are current appliances NO LONGER equipped with that stupid **** plug? Nothing
you buy today even has that extra-thick plug end on it.