MC

it could be that the side of the hand toward the vent, may have a lower
pressure cusing a more chilled effect to be notived instead of in front of
the air flow making it seem to feel as if the wind is more present on the
backside ?
Of course this works with high speed air flows, not sure how noticable
would be at that low of air speed ?

From: "Red Neckerson"

Are you sure those "two large vents" aren't the return vents? (Some call

them
cold air returns)When the unit is running, take a paper towell and see

if
those two vents will suck the towell up into them....

Hi. I did put a piece of paper near those two vents and, yes, the paper

is
drawn TOWARDS the vent, which really surprised me. When I put my hand

near
those vents, it feels as if cold air is coming out, but apparently it is

being
drawn in. I didn't know there were such vents! Thank you for your help.

In order for something to blow out, there must be an intake, or you
would create a vacuum, and the house would implode.

The coolness you feel is "wind chill" from the air movement over you
hand. I've always heard them referred to as "cold air return" even when
they are up high and return hot air for the A/C.