Simon Avery

Default Strange marks on wall

(james Mc) wrote:

Hello james

jM| 1. Is this correct what they are telling me i.e. lack of
jM| ventilation causing moisture to attract to the walls? 2.

Maybe, but surely that's their pigeon if they built the thing?

It *could* be what you describe - somebody had oily or stained fingers
when installing the plasterboard, and the bulk emulsion they slapped
over the top won't stop it coming through.

jM| What should I use to treat the walls so that this effect
jM| will not show though when I re-paint?

An oil stain blocker. Used for watermarks on ceilings quite often.

--
Simon Avery, Dartmoor, UK
uk.d-i-y FAQ: