sandy

Default toilet repair (for complete novice)

I'm planning on taking the momentus step of attempting to repair our
toilet. I'm hoping that you can give me a few hints.

The problem: The toilet starts running for a few moments every so
often. I've looked in the tank and it appears that the "flapper" is
not seating properly and instead is a little askew. If I push it over
a little, it fixes it for a day or two. Do I need to replace the
flapper or is there some quickie, easy fix-it solution?

Also appreciate some suggestions on web sites that might lead me
through repairs.

Thanks!

Sandy