willshak

davefr wrote:

As long as the site was safe, I would have drilled holes in it and
then saturated it with diesel and burned it out.

Just recently, either here or in another group, someone suggested piling
charcoal briquettes on top of the stump and lighting them. Sounds like
a good idea, but I have a propane gas grill, so I don't have any
charcoal laying around. I once tried the drilling of multiple holes,
soaking it with kerosene, and burning it, on another stump, but that
didn't work so well. I left it for about 5 years and the dryrot,
termites, and grubs helped to make it easier to dig out.
..

There is no better method IMHO.

Mark and Kim Smith wrote in message ...

Thanks for all the suggestions everyone! The ax was my best friend on
this job. Now I just need to figure out how to get the thing up to the
bed of my truck. (Time to think like the Egyptians.) I guess I could
borrow a cherry picker (engine lift.) Once in my truck it can be
forklifted into a dumpster. Bent my hitch a little, too (1/2" steel
plate.) But those are cheap enough to replace. The receiver still
looks great, as does the hitch pin! Colbyt had mentioned to find and
cut the brother or sister to one of the big roots on the back side.
Heck!, there was a brother, sister, mother, father, first cousin, etc.
But she's out now! Thanks again for all the suggestions!!
http://www.bunchobikes.com/tree.htm