jeff

(lp13-30) wrote in message ...
I have some friends who have a built-in ModernMaid microwave(above the
regular electric oven),about 20 years old. It quit a couple of weeks
ago, and the had a reputable independant appliance tech look at it . He
told them the mag tube was bad, and that it was no longer available.I am
wondering how universal mag tubes are and if any other tubes can be
substituted if the exact one for that unit is indeed not available. I
see in my Johnstone catalog that they have four tubes they say are
direct and universal replacements for numerous brands including
ModernMaid. Any advice I can get from the microwave gurus here will be
greatly appreciated. The people know they can buy a new oven for $39,
but they want the built in one fixed if possible and are willing to
spend whatever it costs--within reason- .Thanks Larry

Hi,

Sometimes the numder from the bottom of the old magnetron can be
crossed over to a replacement style....but none are "really"
universal.

Check yours against the list.

http://store.yahoo.com/cgi-bin/clink...agnetrons.html

jeff.