TURTLE

"Doug Miller" wrote in message
om...
In article , "TURTLE"
wrote:

"Doug Miller" wrote in message
. com...
In article , "TURTLE"
wrote:

Still you rant but a home owner can do as he pleases and do no illegal
wrong.
It's just again the code or code violation.

There is illegal and then there is a code violation. Two different horse you
can
concider.

Turtle, you don't seem to understand. In any jurisdiction that has adopted

the
NEC, the Code *is* the law, and a violation of the Code *is* a violation of
the law. You're trying to make a distinction that doesn't exist, except in
those jurisdictions that haven't adopted the Code (or a substitute).

This is Turtle.

There could be section of the country or citys that have a jail term for a
home

owner wiring his lights in his bed room the wrong way but in the state of
Louisiana there is no jail time stated for wiring your own home wrong. He can
wire it anyway he wants it. I have never heard of or know of any home owner
ever spent a day in jail for wiring his own house like he wanted it. If you
had a
jail term for screwing up your own house. Half the population of the U.S.
would
be in jail. You can't tell a home owner how he is to wire his house unless he
is using a contractor or electrician to do the work.

I never said anything about jail time; that's your own invention. But the fact
is that in some jurisdictions, there can be pretty heavy fines. And I assure
you that in those jurisdictions, the code enforcement authorities very
certainly *can* tell a homeowner how to wire his house; they can also tell
him he isn't allowed to touch it at all because he doesn't know what he's
doing.

[snip]

Check up on what a home owner can do and get back with me.

Educate yourself to a new fact: what's true in your particular locality is not
necessarily true everywhere. Just because _where_you_live_ there are no legal
penalties (as far as you know) for a homeowner who violates the NEC, does
*not* mean it's that way in other places.

This is Turtle.

I toally agree with you on this but Louisiana Home Owners can do what they want.
Someday they will get around to making the NEC a regulation to follow by home
owner but for not they do as they please. We are kind of backwards here.

TURTLE