TURTLE

"Red Neckerson" wrote in message
news:EY%kd.1253$fc.212@trnddc06...

"TURTLE" wrote
"nospamplease" wrote in message
I bought the AirKing rotating drum type humidifier from home depot and
installed it on my furnace today, however, something I found it's very
stupid by design. I set the % humidity to my desired percentage. However,
the humidifier is on even the heat is not on, the drum keeps rotating all
the time. It's waste of my electricity.

Is it possible to install a device that detects air flow, then turns it on??
is there such as device? Help... please..

This is Turtle.

Yes there is a switch for this. It is called a Sall switch. It sticks out in
the duct and will lift up and turn on anything you want while the air is
moving. then when it stops the sall switch will cut it off.

Now you can use a isolation relay to do the same thing. It's nothing to set
up.

(Turtle meant to say SAIL switch)

There is also a current sensing relay that is wrapped around the common wire
of the fan.

I can tell you though: Even if than little 24 volt motor (on the humidifier)
ran all day, it would probably use 1 ir 2 cents worth of electricity.....

This is Turtle.

I don't have a Boat so I don't know how to sold.

TURTLE