Art Todesco

There has been, in the past, much discussion on this topic. However, I
really wonder what would happen if you connect a 4KW generator to the
dead grid. My guess, and it's only a theory, is that the generator
would stall out due to all the other loads on the line. Just the loads
on your side of the transformer could probably kill a small generator. I
have almost killed my generator during a power failure, by just turning
on a large heater along with all the other loads.

Ready .... discuss.

Stormin Mormon wrote:
That's called a "suicide cord" rig. It's physically possible, but highly
risky. One of the many risks is leaving the mains on for the house, and
frying a lineman down the street. I'd reccomend against it.