Puddin' Man

On Sat, 13 Nov 2004 16:26:19 GMT, (Gary R. Lloyd)
wrote:

Didn't find any plastic plugs, but there was an aperture
just above the motor shaft. I oiled aplenty.

More motors are destroyed by overlubricating than by underlubricating.
All it takes is a few drops.

About 25 per the sticker. And it sounded OK after oiling.

I would've cheerfully, cheerfully metered the oil if possible.
Nearly had to break an arm in a couple places to get any
oil at all in it.

Could tell when I looked close at the blower unit mounting
screws: it didn't fit right. Bitch to remount.

The elec. control box prevented extraction of the blower unit
without unwiring most of the furnace.

The unit wasn't properly designed for routine maintenance.
Mis-engineering that can make a 15 min. job into a 1+
hour job (for a professional). I can easily imagine an
HVAC contractor charging, say, $180 for routine maintenance.

I did the best I could with the Carrier/Bryant junk that I'm
stuck with.

Puddin'

*** Puddin' Man PuddingDotMan at GmailDotCom ***