SQLit

"Mel" wrote in message
I have my portable 5000 watt generator ready to go for winter if I need

it.
Instead of running a cord from the generator around the outside of the

house
and under the garage door to the appliances that I want to run in side the
house in case of an electrical failure, can I put a female outlet on the
outside of the wall connected to a female outlet inside the wall, then

plug
in a 12/2 with a ground coax from the generator to the female outlet

outside
on the wall and run my inside cord from there? I would have a male plug

in
on each end of the coax. Any suggestions on this?

This is commonly called an suicide cord. Any thoughts on why?