Greg O

"Chuck" wrote in message
On Sat, 13 Nov 2004 21:08:46 -0600, "Greg O"
wrote:

"Chuck" wrote in message
.. .

Person I sold my last house to was a nurse,, She had perfectly
gorgeous stained chair rail, crown molding, kitchen cabnets painted
white.... (I went back for a visit..) Looked like a can of white
paint had exploded in there. This was den dining room and
kitchen...Oh she did this to window trim too...
Nice large stained mantle over fireplace,,, she had that painted white
too..... about cried...
You could light the whole den/ dining area with a 7 watt night lite
bulb.
To each their own...

A few years back I went over to visit A fellow I worked with. Walked into
his NEW house and the railngs for his stairway were gone. I asked what

was
the deal, and he brought me to the basement, where the parts of the

railings
were. He had completely disassembled the railing, and was painting
everything white, his solid oak railing, balisters, everything, white!
What can you say?!
I could never understand why he had disassembled it all, let alone paint

it!
Greg

OAK? !... man..
Well,,, that's one of those things.. it belongs to you,, do with it
what you wish...
BUT ANYONE who paints perfectly good wood or nice looking brick or
rock wall / fireplace should have to display some sort of bumper
sticker so the rest of us will know to steer clear...
Chuck...

Yup! He was quite proud of it all to. I did not know what to say, I was just
dumb founded by it all!
Greg