Robert

Default Popcorn Ceiling Removal Question

I have a popcorn ceiling in my house. I am assuming it has asbestos.
I have the safety issues worked out. I am just trying to remove it.

My problem is the removal process. The popcorn material has been
encapsulated with one or more layers of paint. I have tried to use
water and water with soap to wet the ceiling. But it isn't working.
It is not getting through the paint layer. I am looking at scraping
the lower layers that are dry.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to get through the paint? I have
thought about a paint stripper but reading the labels, it looks like
the fumes are pretty toxic and require ventilation. My rooms are
taped pretty well to prevent ventilation.

I am stuck and could use some advice. Thanks in advance for any
assistance.

Thanks,

Robert