Edwin Pawlowski

"Mark" wrote in message
m...
I need to attach a grab bar in my shower. The wall material is
cultered (man made) marble. As I was preparing to do the installation
my wife informed me that she didn't want holes drilled in the marble.
Is there a way to attach grab bars securely to this material without
drilling holes in it?

Thanks

NO!

You must not only drill through the marble, you must anchor into a wall stud
to be secure. Anything less is dangerous. More dangerous than having
nothing. If you have no grab bar, you will be very careful. If you rely on
a bar that is not secure and it fails, you will most likely be in more
danger and actually be injured as you fall.

Your wife must decide if the marble is more important than breaking bones or
bashing your head on the side of the tub.