manoman

Default Garage Power Shopping List

chris French wrote:
In message ,
manoman writes
Tim (Remove NOSPAM. wrote:
"manoman" wrote in message
I would really appreciate it if you guys could look at this a see
if I have I missed anything obvious?

Cable:

3core x 4mm Armoured Black 25m Coil

You'll use the armour as the earth- isolated at the shed end
(plastic comsumer unit) and connected at the house end (metal knock
out box connected to earth- NB 10mm2 cable here please)

You'll need some more 10mm2 earth cable and a copper earth spike at
shed. [1]

Assuming TT system.

Tim..

I intend to share the earth with my house... is that so bad?

No, there are pro's and cons, much discussed here already. Unless the
garage was a fair distance from the house I wouldn't bother with a
separate earth.

nah... its like 3m max away from the consumer unit, not even sure I need the
aforementioned reel but I cant find it priced per metre anywhere

Phil