default

Hi,
Does any one know of a source for replacement asbestos shingles.
Shingles that are the same thickness for siding. All the shingles I
am finding in the stores are much thicker. We have some damaged
pieces and I would like to replace them.

I rather doubt you can find any nowdays. Asbestos was banned in 1978
and is considered a hazardous material with serious fines for mis-handeling.
Inspector Dana

Well, I've got a stack of about 20 fiberglass-cement ones in my basement,
so I know they exist, but they came with the house, so I don't know where
from. I patch my broken ones with bondo, 'cause I can't figure out how
to get one out without cracking the one above it.

Ah.. here we a
www.oldhouseweb.com/stories/Detailed/10470.shtml

fiber-cement replacement shingles, by GAF