Bill

Default Where to get asbestoes shingles

Hi,
Does any one know of a source for replacement asbestos shingles.
Shingles that are the same thickness for siding. All the shingles I
am finding in the stores are much thicker. We have some damaged
pieces and I would like to replace them.

Thanks,
Bill
Joseph Meehan

Bill wrote:
Hi,
Does any one know of a source for replacement asbestos shingles.
Shingles that are the same thickness for siding. All the shingles I
am finding in the stores are much thicker. We have some damaged
pieces and I would like to replace them.

Thanks,
Bill

I don't think they are being manufactured due to the asbestos. If you
can find an old home being renovated or torn down you may get what you want.
You may want to check with local asbestos handling firms and see if they
would be wiling to save a few for you.

--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

Inspector D

William Deans wrote:
Do you care about colour?

"Bill" wrote in message

Hi,
Does any one know of a source for replacement asbestos shingles.
Shingles that are the same thickness for siding. All the shingles I
am finding in the stores are much thicker. We have some damaged
pieces and I would like to replace them.

Thanks,
Bill

Hi Bill,
I rather doubt you can find any nowdays. Asbestos was banned in 1978
and is considered a hazardous material with serious fines for mis-handeling.
Inspector Dana

default

Hi,
Does any one know of a source for replacement asbestos shingles.
Shingles that are the same thickness for siding. All the shingles I
am finding in the stores are much thicker. We have some damaged
pieces and I would like to replace them.

I rather doubt you can find any nowdays. Asbestos was banned in 1978
and is considered a hazardous material with serious fines for mis-handeling.
Inspector Dana

Well, I've got a stack of about 20 fiberglass-cement ones in my basement,
so I know they exist, but they came with the house, so I don't know where
from. I patch my broken ones with bondo, 'cause I can't figure out how
to get one out without cracking the one above it.

Ah.. here we a
www.oldhouseweb.com/stories/Detailed/10470.shtml

fiber-cement replacement shingles, by GAF

Bill

On Thu, 11 Nov 2004 01:53:08 -0500, "William Deans"
wrote:

Do you care about colour?

No, I can paint them.

Tom K

I noticed my local Home Depot carrier cement fiberboard
shingles. Expensive but looked like the asbestos
ones on my house. (I live in NY)

Tom