Harry K

Jud McCranie wrote in message . ..
On 10 Nov 2004 06:32:42 -0800, (Harry K)
wrote:

Re the low pressure in the shower: Not tank related I don't think.

Well, since we stated having this problem a few days ago, pressure in
the shower is way too low, and just barely enough. If one thing is
using water and you try to use something else, you get only a tiny
amount of pressure. For instance if a toilet is filling, and you try
to use the sink, only a small amount of water comes out. This problem
just started a few days ago.

Pre-charge can only be set with the pump off and the tank empty to get
it right. Then set for 2 psi below cut-in. You are probably right
that you are trying pressurize the entire plumbing system. It might
help if you have a whole house shut off valve in the system, probably
on the tank outlet, shut that before pressurizing.

I did have that valve closed.

We're OK for now, but not great. I'll probably have someone come look
at it soon, since we seem to need a new tank. I looked at them at
Home Depot yesterday, and one that looks like the size we have costs
$240.

---
Replace you know what by j to email

With that much pressure in the tank, you shouldn't have any flow
problems at any outlet even using 2 at once. You have blockage
somewhere after the tank or a valve that is only partly open. It is
possible that the blown bag is allowing full flow into the tank and
then at least partially blocking the outlet for outflow, i.e., acting
like a flapper valve.

Harry K

Harry K