Chuck

On Wed, 10 Nov 2004 13:15:41 -0500, Jud McCranie
wrote:

On Wed, 10 Nov 2004 15:54:44 GMT, "Michael Strickland"
wrote:

The reason for suggesting raising the pressure is that the OP is using, IIRC,
42 psi as the cut-on pressure, which means that he needs somewhere around 40
psi precharge.

Yes, the pump cuts on at 42 PSI, according to the gauge in the water
line. If I put my tire gauge on the air at the top of the tank, it
shows 46PSI. Should I lower that to 40?

So what I need to know is if the precharge pressure should be measured
with the tank empty or with water in it (assuming that the bladder has
burst). If I pump it up to 40PSI w/o water, the air pressure is going
to be very high after water is pumped in.

Without water..
The cut-on doesn't care if its 46PSI of air or 46PSI of water...
That's the whole point of having the air in there, it can compress to
come up with the upper limit.. so you don't short cycle like you were
before.

As for the shower pressure, do you have the water valve to the house
fully open? Sounds like a blockage between tank and house. You'll have
plenty of pressure as long as you use practically no volume.. with a
valve partially open..