PhotoMan

Brikp wrote:
Look at the Sikkens products. I used Sikkens Cetol 123 on some new
western red cedar siding many years ago and it still looks great. It
will require a renew of the topcoat every few years depending on the
exposure. I think their deck product is Sikkens Cetol Dek or some
such thing. The "natural" color will darken the look a bit, it looks
great, sort of like if you took the raw wood an wet it.

I highly recommend the Sikkens stuff.

"Hayduke" wrote in message
m...
I am considering using cedar for some deck and siding projects I have
coming up. I think cedar is a beautiful wood when new and smells
great. What I don't like is the gray color it turns after a little
aging. Is there a sealer or some kind of way to prevent cedar wood
from turning grey?

Bear in mind that any sealer will also seal in the smell.