Michael Strickland

On Wed, 10 Nov 2004 10:27:03 -0500, willshak wrote:

I believe that most are already factory charged to the correct pressure.
My Well-Trol by Amtrol was precharged to 30 PSI (according to the label).

True, they are precharged to a standard pressure, don't recall off the top of
my head what mine was precharged to. 30 psi precharge is good for a pump
cut-on pressure of around 32 psi. Precharge should actually be 27-28 psi for
a 30/50 pressure switch if 30 psi is the actual cut-on pressure.

The reason for suggesting raising the pressure is that the OP is using, IIRC,
42 psi as the cut-on pressure, which means that he needs somewhere around 40
psi precharge. Precharge pressure should be a couple-three psi below cut-on
pressure, so it depends on what your cut-on pressure is exactly what your
precharge pressure needs to be for optimal pump operation.

Later, Mike
(substitute strickland in the obvious location to reply directly)

Please send all email as text only - HTML mail is automatically filtered to the trash and I might not catch it.