Michael Strickland

On Tue, 09 Nov 2004 18:44:47 GMT, Doug Miller wrote:

When you install the new tank, put a tire pressure gauge on the air fitting to
measure the precharge pressure. Then let air out, or pump more in, as needed,
to adjust the pressure to about 2 psi below the cut-on pressure setting on
your pump control.

Might I suggest to the OP the purchase of a powered air pump that plugs into
the cigarette lighter in your vehicle. Hand pumping a pressure tank is a
time-consuming and fatiguing process - at least for one the size I have (35
gal). I used a little portable battery powered air pump that I bought to top
off the vehicle tires from time to time, but one that plugs into your vehicle
would work just as well so long as you can get your vehicle close enough.
They are relatively inexpensive - IIRC I've seen them for about $20.

I guess if you know your cut-on pressure, you could take the tank to the gas
station and put air in it there to obtain the correct pressure. Bit of a pain
to disconnect/reconnect and load/unload though. If you're replacing your
tank, you could stop on the way home with the new one and pump it up....

Later, Mike
(substitute strickland in the obvious location to reply directly)

Please send all email as text only - HTML mail is automatically filtered to the trash and I might not catch it.