TURTLE

"... ..." wrote in message
One question here. Why is the original circuit on 20 amp breaker in
the first place? If it is part of an appliance circuit in a kitchen or
dinning area?If so than changing the breaker is not an option.

Now for those of you who were quoting code and for those of you who
think the code can be ignored (Turtle) I submit the following.

NEC 2002
80.13 Authority

(4) Police, Fire,
and other enforcement agencies shall have authority to render necessary
assistance in the enforcement of this Code when requested to do so by
the authority having jurisdiction.

80.23
(A) Violations

(2) Any order or notice issued pursuant to this code shall be served
upon the owner ,operator,occupant,or other person responsible for the
condition or violation,either by personal service or mail..............

(B) Penalties

(1) Any person who fails to comply with the provisions of this Code or
who fail to carry out an order made pursuant to this code or violates
any condition attached to a permit ,approval,or certificate shall be
subject to the penalties established by this jurisdiction.

Now for those of you (Turtle) who think the code is a joke , I
suggest you (Turtle) go pick up a copy and read further . If you read
the above or read the code itself you will notice words like owner ,
occupant , person or persons. There very few places were the Code
spcifically states Electrician. So yes the home owner is responsible.

Lastly Turtle do the group a favor and pull your head in your shell
and stop giving out bogus information.

Bill

This is Turtle.

I don't know about giving out bad advise, but IN the state of Louisiana a ''
home own '' [ Not Public anything there ] can wire anything he wants and tell
the inspector to kiss off. Now he can't rent it, have a business there, open to
the public, or have any meeting of a group there at all or he comes under public
regulations.

Now in other states you can have a code set for the Parish / County that states
something different as to what you can do. I totally agree with you if you have
these regulation. Louisiana DOESN'T HAVE IT and a home owner can do what he
wants with his house. Now we are kind of backwards in the regulation business
but Them's the gritts!

The only permitt there is in Oakdale, Louisiana 71463 on electric work there is
if any work costing more than $1,000.00 + or a complete change out of meter pan
and switch box you should get a permitt and have it inspected to see it meets
the NEC code. Other than this they have nothing else. I'm speaking about my part
of the country and not your. When you start stating regulations in your area ,
there is 10 other versions of what you say about your area that does not apply
in other places. There is no one part of the country that will have the same
regulation word for word but each will have there spin on it. Now I'm speaking
about home owner only doing work and not trademan doing work. Trademen have to
stick to the NEC to the letter.

Now if you would like to know. Your talking to a Louisiana State Electrical
contractor in the HVAC and some Electric work if I like to. As the Contractor, i
know what I can do and not do as to NEC as for hire and homeowner come under a
different set of rules in the state of Louisiana. What is not good in New York
might be good in Louisiana for Home owners that is.

If you don't catch the words Home Owner in this conversation you will not
understand anything of what I'm saying here.

TURTLE